Author Question: Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier? A) On the morning news, I heard that ... (Read 299 times)

rlane42

Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier?

A) On the morning news, I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
  B) I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan on the morning news.
  C) I heard on the morning news that there was another terrorist attack.

Question 2

How does the STRAP strategy help you analyze a writing assignment?

A) It helps you analyze the assignment so that you can prewrite.
  B) It helps you find details for the assignment.
  C) It helps you edit for a purpose for writing.
  D) All of these.

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library