Author Question: Aileen is an EFT therapist working with a couple in therapy. Sue, one member of the couple describes ... (Read 365 times)

mia

Aileen is an EFT therapist working with a couple in therapy. Sue, one member of the couple describes her relationship with her wife like this: All I want is some help around the house. I ask Katie almost everyday, several times a day to just help out a littleyou know to put a load of laundry in the wash, to put the dishes in the dishwasher, to watch a show with me on television. But she never does any of those things In fact, she often doesnt come home until dinner time, and then when I ask her to help me out or to join me for a show, she just goes upstairs to read or into the other room to play on her computer. I feel like I have to beg her for any kind of connection or work together. I feel frustrated with our relationship all the time. What kind of interaction cycle could this couple be in?

a. Withdraw/withdraw
  b. Withdraw/attack
  c. Pursue/withdraw
  d. Attack/attack

Question 2

Primary emotions refer to emotions that stem from attachment fears and needs while secondary emotions stem from ___________________ ___________________ ___.

a. the individuals own insecurities
  b. the innate need of all individuals to feel a sense of belonging
  c. poor attachment in previous influential relationships such as parents or siblings
  d. unmet attachment needs such as anger, frustration and withdrawal

macybarnes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D