This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse. ... (Read 113 times)

piesebel

Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse.

At the suggestion of the risk manager, the company decided to build four smaller regional warehouses so that a loss at the central warehouse would not be a catastrophic blow to the company's distribution system. Splitting the inventory between four regional warehouses illustrates which risk management technique?
  A) duplication
  B) risk transfer
  C) separation
  D) risk avoidance

Question 2

Which of the following statements concerning the selection of risk management techniques and insurance market conditions is (are) true?

I. It's easier to purchase affordable insurance during a soft  market than during a hard market.
  II. Retention is used more during a soft market than during a hard market.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dinolord

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

piesebel

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library