This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a ... (Read 151 times)

notis

The nurse meets with patients who quit smoking, or are planning to quit. Which statement made by a patient would lead the nurse to conclude that that patient is in the maintenance stage of change?

a. I haven't smoked in 2 weeks, but I have to constantly resist the urge to light a cigarette.
  b. I don't even think about cigarettes anymore. I really don't miss smoking.
  c. Each day I don't smoke, I put money that I would have spent in a jar to pay for a vacation.
  d. I am chewing gum and eating carrot sticks to keep myself from lighting a cigarette.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a client who is obese and reports having a sedentary lifestyle. What is the nurse's first action to promote this client's health?

a. Teach the client how to follow a low-calorie diet.
  b. Assist the client in a plan to increase his activity level.
  c. Explain the risks associated with the client's weight and lifestyle.
  d. Help the client identify goals for promoting health.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cclemon1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library