This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The situation in the figure above creates a barrier to entry for a second firm because i. a ... (Read 82 times)

cnetterville

The situation in the figure above creates a barrier to entry for a second firm because

i. a second firm that produced as many kilowatt-hours as the first firm would see the market price fall beneath its cost and would incur an economic loss.
  ii. a second firm that produced fewer kilowatt-hours than the first firm would have to charge a higher price and would not gain many customers.
  iii. the first firm's average total cost curve indicates it has been given a patent for the product.
  A) i only
  B) ii only
  C) iii only
  D) i and ii
  E) i and iii

Question 2

The figure above shows the U.S. demand and U.S. supply curves for cherries. Suppose the world price of cherries is 2 per pound. At this price, U.S. consumption of cherries will equal

A) 200,000 pounds.
  B) 400,000 pounds.
  C) 600,000 pounds.
  D) 800,000 pounds.
  E) 0 pounds.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Zack0mack0101@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

cnetterville

Reply 2 on: Jun 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library