This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a family of a child with a conduct disorder. What type of therapy will most ... (Read 51 times)

lindiwe

The nurse is caring for a family of a child with a conduct disorder. What type of therapy will most benefit this family?

1. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
  2. Structural family therapy
  3. Functional family therapy (FFT)
  4. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)

Question 2

The nurse is teaching skills used to improve communication among family members. Which statement made by the family member indicates that the teaching has been effective?

1. I feel sad when you talk to me like that.
  2. You talk down to me and that makes me sad.
  3. We need to stop talking to each other like that.
  4. You always talk to me like that and it makes me sad.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zenzy

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 3
Explanation: Functional family therapy (FFT) has been found to significantly reduce jail time or re-arrest for children and adolescents with conduct disorders. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) may be used as a form of group therapy to teach skills to decrease chaos, improve impulsiveness and distress tolerance, improve cognitive and emotional dysregulation, and improve the patient's sense of self. Structural family therapy focuses on the current organization of the family as demonstrated through repeated patterns of interactions, usually rules that govern family interactions and decisions. This type of family therapy is not the most appropriate for a family whose member has a conduct disorder. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that recognizes dysfunctional emotions and maladaptive behaviors; this therapy is not the most beneficial therapy for this family.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1
Explanation: The statement I feel sad when you talk to me like that indicates the family member has learned to make I statements to communicate feelings about a problem rather than blaming others for his or her feelings. The other statements are not indicative that the teaching has been effective.

lindiwe

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

mcarey591

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library