This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when ... (Read 103 times)

When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when determining whether such force was reasonable?
  I. Standing in your shoes
  II. The actions of a reasonable officer
  III. Triangle of deadly force

A) I only
  B) I, II
  C) II, III
  D) I, II, III

Question 2

Which of the following are examples of excessive force used by a police officer?
  I. Compliance holds on a subject who is physically fighting with his wife during a domestic disturbance
  II. Use of firearm against a suspect, who is armed with a knife, has just stabbed a store clerk, won't put the knife down, and is telling the officer he is going to kill the officer
  III. Use of chemical gas against a protester who refuses to leave the courtroom
  IV. Use of a taser on a 12-year-old middle school student who spits at the police officer

A) I, II
  B) I, II, III
  C) II, III, IV
  D) III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hikerman221

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

AngeliqueG

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library