This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when ... (Read 105 times)

When a police officer is compelled to use force, which standard or standards will courts use when determining whether such force was reasonable?
  I. Standing in your shoes
  II. The actions of a reasonable officer
  III. Triangle of deadly force

A) I only
  B) I, II
  C) II, III
  D) I, II, III

Question 2

Which of the following are examples of excessive force used by a police officer?
  I. Compliance holds on a subject who is physically fighting with his wife during a domestic disturbance
  II. Use of firearm against a suspect, who is armed with a knife, has just stabbed a store clerk, won't put the knife down, and is telling the officer he is going to kill the officer
  III. Use of chemical gas against a protester who refuses to leave the courtroom
  IV. Use of a taser on a 12-year-old middle school student who spits at the police officer

A) I, II
  B) I, II, III
  C) II, III, IV
  D) III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hikerman221

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Reply 2 on: Aug 17, 2018
:D TYSM

bbburns21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library