This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Based upon the toddler's developmental stage, the nurse giving medications to a toddler would most ... (Read 53 times)

neverstopbelieb

Based upon the toddler's developmental stage, the nurse giving medications to a toddler would most likely say:

a. You must take this medicine right now.
  b. Would you like me to give you your medicine, or would you like your mommy to give it to you?
  c. I have to give you this medicine on time because the health care practitioner ordered it.
  d. Be a good child and take your medicine, as it will make your mommy and daddy very happy.

Question 2

The medical model directs health care professionals to follow the roles of:

a. advocate and advisor c. evaluator and controller
  b. teacher and director d. manager and mentor

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ambernicolefink

Answer to Question 1

B

Feedback
A Incorrect. Toddlers are developing autonomy and commonly display negativism. Hence, the nurse would not most likely say: You must take this medicine right now. The toddler will very likely respond with no.
B Correct. Giving choices and allowing toddlers to handle equipment also foster a sense of control and may enhance cooperation. At this age, choices should be kept simple, that is, a choice between two things. Would you like me to give you your medicine, or would you like your mommy to give it to you?
C Incorrect. Toddlers are developing autonomy and commonly display negativism. Hence, the nurse would not most likely say: I have to give you this medicine on time because the health care practitioner ordered it. The toddler will very likely respond with no.
D Incorrect. Toddlers are developing autonomy and commonly display negativism. Hence, the nurse would not most likely say: Be a good child and take your medicine, as it will make your mommy and daddy very happy. The toddler will very likely respond with no.

Answer to Question 2

C

Feedback
A Incorrect. The medical model directs health care professionals to assume the roles of evaluator and controller of treatment interventions. This role is in conflict with advocate and advisor.
B Incorrect. The medical model directs health care professionals to assume the roles of evaluator and controller of treatment interventions.
C Correct. The medical model directs health care professionals to assume the roles of evaluator and controller of treatment interventions.
D Incorrect. The medical model directs health care professionals to assume the roles of evaluator and controller of treatment interventions. This position is in direct conflict with conditions necessary for more active involvement of caregivers in the child's care.

neverstopbelieb

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library