Author Question: Robert Springer woke up in the morning and felt a sense of joy and peace as he got ready for work. ... (Read 17 times)

silviawilliams41

Robert Springer woke up in the morning and felt a sense of joy and peace as he got ready for work. At work, though challenges came his way, he tackled them without getting stressed about them. This feeling lasted for several days that week.

What is one of the reasons that Springer's feeling can be categorized as a mood and not as an emotion?
  A) It is more intense than emotions.
  B) It is brought about by a specific event.
  C) It is prolonged in nature.
  D) It is a positive feeling.
  E) It is indicated by a facial expression.

Question 2

According to the equity theory, what are the choices made by employees who perceive inequity?

What will be an ideal response?

kingfahad97

Answer to Question 1

C
Explanation: C) Springer's general ambiguous feeling of happiness is ongoing or prolonged, which is a characteristic of a mood. Contextual stimulus, strong feelings, and being directed at an event or person are characteristics of an emotion. In addition, both mood and emotion can be positive.

Answer to Question 2

Based on equity theory, employees who perceive inequity will make one of six choices:
1. Change inputs (exert less effort if underpaid, or more if overpaid)
2. Change outcomes (individuals paid on a piece-rate basis can increase their pay by producing a higher quantity of units of lower quality)
3. Distort perceptions of self (I used to think I worked at a moderate pace, but now I realize I work a lot harder than everyone else.)
4. Distort perceptions of others (Mike's job isn't as desirable as I thought.)
5. Choose a different referent (I may not make as much as my brother-in-law, but I'm doing a lot better than my dad did when he was my age.)
6. Leave the field (quit the job)