Author Question: I need to find an angle, x, but the formula has sin x times cos x, what do I do? (Read 1615 times)

formula1

I have the formula Q = pgH cos x sin x
and I need to find the angle x. How do I rearrange the formula and how do I put it into my calculator??

clippers!

Q/(pgH) = cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = 2cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = sin(2x)
2x = arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]
x = .5arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Q = pgH * cos(x) * sin(x)
Q / pgH = cos(x) * sin(x)
cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH

sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(2x) / 2 = 2sin(x)cos(x) / 2
sin(2x) / 2 = sin(x)cos(x)

cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH
sin(2x) / 2 = Q / pgH
sin(2x) = 2Q / pgH

2x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH)
x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH) / 2

sin^-1(2Q / pgH) means sin inverse of 2Q / pgH

aero

Write Q = pgH cos x sin x,  as  2Q/pgH  = 2cos x sin x

=> 2Q/pgH  = sin 2x

=> 2x = sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

=> x = (1/2) sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

Now you can find x by putting it in your calculator.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library