Author Question: The probability of a Type I error can be specified by the investigator. The probability of a Type II ... (Read 39 times)

P68T

The probability of a Type I error can be specified by the investigator. The probability of a Type II error is ________.

A) one minus the probability of Type I error
  B) the result of the hypothesis test itself
  C) also specified by the investigator
  D) not specified by the investigator but computed using the power of the test

Question 2

Can we infer at the 5 significance level that the population locations differ?

What will be an ideal response?

joshraies

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Since p-value < , we reject the null hypothesis. We can infer at the 5 significance level that the population locations differ.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library