This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A rule is arbitrary and capricious if there is no evidence to support its promulgation. Indicate ... (Read 71 times)

Themember4

A rule is arbitrary and capricious if there is no evidence to support its promulgation.
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Suppose Rich is required to pay a 500 levy for every 10,000 of Pull-Ons brought into the Sudan. If I could just get those numbers down on the shipping documents, I could save a bundle on these levys. Rich works with a customs officer and two sets of shipping documents. The customs officer files papers showing half of the goods actually brought into his country. Instead of paying 500 as a levy, Rich pays 250 and pays 50 for each 10,000 to the agent for the help with the documents. Has Rich violated the FCPA?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mfedorka

Answer to Question 1

TRUE

Answer to Question 2

Students should mention the Kay case where the court held that having documents falsified to reduce costs is a FCPA violation.

Themember4

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mjenn52

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library