This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is interviewing a male client who states I feel like I have a bag of worms in my scrotum. ... (Read 31 times)

captainjonesify

The nurse is interviewing a male client who states I feel like I have a bag of worms in my scrotum. Based on this data, which condition does the nurse suspect?

1. Orchitis.
  2. Varicocele.
  3. Epididymitis.
  4. Inguinal Hernia.

Question 2

When caring for a male client scheduled for a prostatectomy due to cancer, which data would the nurse expect for a client with this condition data?

Select all that apply.
  1. Enlargement of the scrotal sac.
  2. Pyuria.
  3. Increase in prostatic specific antigen (PSA).
  4. Dribbling of urine.
  5. Difficulty in initiating urine stream.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dominic

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
A varicocele is a distention of the spermatic cord and often is described as a bag of worms. Swelling or inflammation of the testicles is referred to as orchitis. Epididymitis is an inflammatory condition of the epididymis. An inguinal hernia feels like a bulge or mass upon palpation of the inguinal canal, which indicates a protrusion of the intestine into the groin region.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3, 4, 5
Low levels of prostatic specific antigen (PAS) are present in normal, healthy men. PSA levels are used to assess for the presence of prostate cancer. Laboratory values for the PSA will be elevated in the presence of prostate cancer. Conditions of the prostate gland may result in urinary changes. The dribbling of urine may be seen with prostate cancer. Dribbling or difficulty starting the urine stream may be seen in the presence of prostate enlargement. The scrotal sac of the client diagnosed with prostate cancer would not be enlarged. The prostate is located on each side of the male urethra just below the bladder. It is not anatomically near the scrotal sac. Pyruia refers to pus in the urine. Pus in the urine is not consistent with a diagnosis of prostate cancer.

captainjonesify

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library