Author Question: Which presidential candidate will best deal with this Global Super Depression we now find ourselves in? (Read 3369 times)

Millan

Who bets the stock market drops another 600 tomorrow?

geoffrey

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
Both of their futures so full of dread"

-Bob Dylan

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

coco

The one whose going to freeze our values in homes. It starts there. The one with experience.

aero

McCain.

Yes, maybe another roller coaster ride on Monday.

Yolanda

What glow-bull depression? I don't have any money on Wall Street, so I don't care about that. It has no basis in reality.

aero

Obama - because he can think outside the box

geoffrey

Melanie

Not the candidate from the party that got us into this mess over the past 8 years.

Obama.

Garrulous

neither, but the Obama cult will know the answer.  Crisis?  This crisis is making me rich!

Melanie

We are not in a depression yet and the stock market will fall farther than that tomorrow probably 800 to 1000. McCain is probably better trained at handling extremely difficult situations.

geoffrey

Obama. He has the world's respect, as indicated by international polling performed last month. You need respect to demand cooperation of people, and there's going to be a lot of cooperation needed to solve this problem.

It'll be up and down, but I doubt we'll see another 600 drop unless some new news comes out. You'll see an initial drop, and then all sorts of buying/selling activity that brings it up to about even by the end of the day.

Stock market's not open tomorrow. ;)

penguins

No one can answer your question all we can do is give you our opinion.  I think both candidates are capable of figuring out a way to pull us through this mess.

federox

I think McCain is better equiped to handle the crisis. Although in this one instance, I would rather have Biden as his VP. We really do need experience now. (Although I like Sarah Palin a lot. Sorry Sarah)

Hawke

Thanks a lot for betting on whether or not the stock market will drop another 600.  I've been stressing out because of my Mutual Fund Roth IRA is loosing money big time.   ( o _ 0 )

Edit:

Neither Barack nor McCain can get a handle on what's going on economically.  I don't see stability happening for a long time unfortunately. : (

Garrulous

FDR policies and Obama is million miles closer

penguins

All 3 of the news channels say Obama will do a better job on finance issues.

TI

The candidate who will fix the problem so that this never happens again.

Yes...regulation is the answer and the government has to be there to help.

Government is for the people, by the people. You have nothing to fear. If you fear government, then you fear your fellow Americans.

ricki

6% unemployment is a "super depression to you?

You must have lived a very, very sheltered life.

What you refer to as a super depression I call a business cycle. I  personally went shopping; I noticed that people were still buying goods at Wal Mart and Targets at the same frenzied pace yet their stock had dropped. Since they were still selling goods I assumed that their real value had not changed. But I was still able to get the stock at a bargain basement price.

It is not up to the President to take care of you; he cannot and has little to do with the economy.

It is up to you to adapt to changing market conditions and invest accordingly; there is always money to be made.

formula1

Not the candidate that believes capitalism will correct itself.

geoffrey

since Obama and friends gave it a big boost starting around 1996 I would have to say McCain is the one that could fix it- If there was a Republican even remotely part of this scam the Dems would have hung him by now so this proved they did it - PS I have done my homework and filtered out the lies from both sides
Please, Please do your homework or do not vote for either side - There are no do overs and this is not a normal election - the truth is out there hidden in all the lies

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library