Author Question: Who introduces area and polygons? (Read 752 times)

ricki

Hello, everyone. I've looked at the books in my school library and I can't find who is the founder of geometry and polygons. Could anyone please tell me because I need an accurate answer for my school advanced mathematics project. Please let me know early because I need to find informations myself and present the project soon. Thank you.
Thank you for all of your replies. Anyway, I need clarrification: is the mathemetics area theory, length x width for squares and rectangles is actually introduced by Euclid?
Koki, I don't think Archimedes introduced area because he discovered volume!

Melanie

Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2013
square and triangle areas introduces by archemides beside circle
all other shapes areas and volumes came as a resul fo calclus which invented by sir issac newton
in 800-1500 muslims contributed a lotin circular geometry and arc lengths so they build mosqe with alot of arcs and domes in it
what i wrote abouve is to my kowlege and ont enough for ur project so this site may help
http://www.free-ed.net/free-ed/Math/default.asp

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library