This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If oligohydramnios occurs in the first part of pregnancy, the nurse knows that there is a danger of ... (Read 11 times)

vinney12

If oligohydramnios occurs in the first part of pregnancy, the nurse knows that there is a danger of which of the following?

1. Major congenital anomalies
  2. Fetal adhesions
  3. Maternal diabetes
  4. Rh sensitization

Question 2

The nurse in the prenatal clinic is seeing a pregnant 16-year-old for the first time. What comment by the young woman is the most critical for the nurse to address first?

1. My favorite lunch is burger and fries..
  2. I've been dating my new boyfriend for 2 weeks..
  3. On weekends, we go out and drink a few beers..
  4. I dropped out of school about 3 months ago..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

parker125

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 2. If oligohydramnios occurs in the first part of pregnancy, there is a danger of fetal adhesions (one part of the fetus may adhere to another part).

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Even though a burger and fries are not the healthiest lunch, it is not the most critical statement for the nurse to address.
Rationale 2: Although this comment is cause for concern, as it suggests that the patient has many partners, it is not the most important issue.
Rationale 3: The nurse responds to this statement because of the danger of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Rationale 4: It is important for the patient to finish her education, but her education is not the nurse's first priority to address.

vinney12

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library