This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is leading a session on nutrition for newly delivered women. Which statement indicates ... (Read 34 times)

ss2343

The nurse is leading a session on nutrition for newly delivered women. Which statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

1. Because I am breastfeeding, I need a low calcium intake.
  2. Breastfeeding requires that I eat lots of protein daily.
  3. Since I am bottle-feeding, I don't have to eat vegetables.
  4. Bottle-feeding moms like me require a high sodium intake.

Question 2

The school nurse is planning a class about nutrition for pregnant teens. The nurse knows that several of the pregnant teenage patients have been diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia.

Which should the nurse encourage the teens to consume more of in order to increase iron absorption?
  1. Gatorade
  2. Orange juice
  3. Milk
  4. Green tea

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

JYan

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: Breastfeeding requires an increase of 1,000 mg per day of calciumthe same amount of calcium that is recommended during pregnancy.
Rationale 2: Breastfeeding patients should consume 65 g of protein daily during the first six months of breastfeeding and 62 g daily during the second six months. Protein is a major ingredient in breast milk.
Rationale 3: Although vitamin intake is not directly related to bottle-feeding, good nutritional habits are important to form while bottle-feeding, because in the future, the baby will be eating what the mother eats.
Rationale 4: Sodium intake is not increased during bottle-feeding.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: Gatorade does not contain vitamin C.
Rationale 2: Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits and juices and is known to enhance the absorption of iron from meat and non-meat sources.
Rationale 3: Milk does not contain vitamin C.
Rationale 4: Green tea does not contain vitamin C.

ss2343

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library