This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How can Type I and Type II errors be discovered? They can be discovered through _____. a. special ... (Read 32 times)

dollx

How can Type I and Type II errors be discovered? They can be discovered through _____.

a. special courts held by the APA designed to make dishonest researchers confess
  b. replications (or failures to replicate) reported by other scientists
  c. complex statistical manipulations of the original data
  d. all of these

Question 2

If a researcher concludes that the independent variable did not cause the dependent variable, it might be because the causal relationship really does not exist between the variables, or it may be that _____.

a. alpha was set too low c. the researcher made a Type II error
  b. the power of the experiment is too low d. all of these could be true

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

moormoney

Answer to Question 1

B
Replication is an important part of the scientific process of discovery and verification.

Answer to Question 2

D
There are many reasons for failing to reject the null hypothesis.

dollx

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tanna.moeller

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library