Author Question: All of the following are preconditions for economic growth EXCEPT i. property rights. ii. ... (Read 77 times)

dejastew

All of the following are preconditions for economic growth EXCEPT

i. property rights.
  ii. democracy.
  iii. free markets.
  A) i only B) ii only C) iii only D) Both i and ii E) i, ii, and iii

Question 2

In New York City, when he was the mayor Michael Bloomberg recommend that the city, with the help of private donors, make cash payments to poor and underprivileged parents who can certify that their children are attending school on a regular basis.

The payments would start after third grade and go through high school, rising each year as dropout rates get higher and a child's forgone earning potential is higher. What economic concept does this policy represent?
  A) public goods
  B) incentives
  C) externalities
  D) technological progress
  E) the invisible hand

ju

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library