Author Question: How do I rearrange the y=mx+b equation to find the unknown value of X on my graph? (Read 2359 times)

luvbio

I am using the formula y=mx+b on a graph, I am trying to find the values of 3 unknown concentrations of DNA on the X axis, how do I rearrange this equation so I can find these hidden values? My straight line equation is y=0.0006x + 0.0247 any help would be great! Thanks.

Yolanda

y = mx + b
y - b = mx
x = (y - b) / m
y = 0.0006x + 0.0247
y - 0.0247 = 0.0006x
x = (y - 0.0247) / 0.0006

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

(y-b)/m=x

so

(y-0.0247)/0.0006=x

sadsdas

subtract b
then divide by m

y=mx+b
y - b =mx
(y-b)/m = x

geoffrey

x =    -41.1667 + 1666.67 y

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library