This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a job interview the nurse manager asks, What are your short-term goals? Which statement by ... (Read 32 times)

notis

During a job interview the nurse manager asks, What are your short-term goals? Which statement by the applicant addresses this question?

1. I want to become a nurse anesthetist within 10 years.
  2. I will be available to come in for extra shifts if needed.
  3. My brother and I want to go to on a mission trip in the next year.
  4. I want to get this job so I can move on to the next part of my life.

Question 2

During an interview for a night shift ICU position, the manager asks the job candidate, Will working the night shift interfere with your husband's schedule? How should the candidate interpret this question?

1. It is a legitimate question.
  2. It is an illegal question to ask.
  3. It is none of the manager's business.
  4. It is something the candidate should consider.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Becoming a nurse anesthetist in 10 years is a long-term goal.
Rationale 2: Being available to come in for extra shifts is not measurable and is not a goal. A short-term goal statement would be, I hope to work at least three extra shifts each month.
Rationale 3: Going on a mission trip is a short-term goal because it involves a time frame of the next 6 months to a year.
Rationale 4: Getting a job and moving on with life are not goals. A short-term goal statement would be, I want to work and save 5,000 in the next year.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: It may be a legitimate question and a question the candidate has not thought about, but it is illegal to ask.
Rationale 2: It is illegal for the interviewer to ask personal questions such as questions regarding how many children the candidate has or the candidate's marital status.
Rationale 3: This may be something that the manager would like to know about and might impact the candidate's ability to complete the job, but it is illegal to ask in an interview.
Rationale 4: This is something the candidate should consider, but the manager should not ask about it during the interview.
Global Rationale:

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library