This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement, made by a nurse, indicates that the nurse needs additional education regarding ... (Read 34 times)

jenna1

Which statement, made by a nurse, indicates that the nurse needs additional education regarding delegation and the delegation process?

1. I was hoping you could show me your technique for ambulating patients.
  2. Here is what you can do to help our team care for patients today.
  3. I have always enjoyed doing my own work myself.
  4. I always enjoy working with you.

Question 2

Which option reflects a key legal issue related to delegation?

1. Laws regarding nursing and delegation are very specific in each state's Nurse Practice Act.
  2. The nursing board of each state regulates nursing practice, including issues of delegation.
  3. Nurses are protected by their job descriptions and what it says about delegation.
  4. Safe nursing practice regarding delegation is governed by the hospital board of practice.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jayson

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. When a nurse requests help from an assistant or validates that the assistant has a valuable skill, it improves the relationship and the work environment.
2. This is an effective method of including all levels of caregivers in the team effort to care for patients.
3. This statement may be true, but is unrealistic in today's environment. It shows that the nurse does not understand the value of effective use of time and skills.
4. Appreciation and praise for others on the healthcare team are valuable parts of the delegation process.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. These laws are often very general. Rules and regulations associated with the laws are more specific and tell how the laws must be implemented.
2. The state nursing boards are designed to protect the safety of the public in all aspects of nursing, including delegation.
3. Job description does not supersede law.
4. Hospital practice boards do not supersede law.

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library