Author Question: An African American client reports plans to bask in the sun on an upcoming vacation. When questioned ... (Read 19 times)

jrubin

An African American client reports plans to bask in the sun on an upcoming vacation. When questioned about the use of sunscreen, which of the following responses by the client indicates the need for further education?

A) The melanocytes in my subcutaneous tissue will protect me from sun damage.
  B) I will avoid the sun between the peak hours of 10 am and 4 pm.
  C) Sunscreen is important to wear during all daytime hours.
  D) I can still experience sun damage despite my dark skin tones.

Question 2

The nurse has completed teaching a group of nursing assistants on oral hygiene approaches for the older patient. Which statement indicates that additional instruction is needed?

1. Patients should brush teeth twice daily.
  2. A toothbrush is a better tool than a foam swab.
  3. Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a mouth rinse.
  4. Tooth brushing should be done for 3 to 4 minutes.

yeungji

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Older patients should brush the teeth twice per day.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library