This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse plans care for an older adult with insomnia. The client's medication list includes zolpidem, ... (Read 42 times)

asmith134

A nurse plans care for an older adult with insomnia. The client's medication list includes zolpidem, potassium, and omeprazole. Which of the following diagnoses should the nurse include in the plan of care?

A) Risk for falls
  B) Risk for suicide
  C) Risk for powerlessness
  D) Risk for urge urinary incontinence

Question 2

An older adult with restless legs syndrome (RLS) has sought advice from the nurse in an effort to ease the problem. Which of the following statements should the nurse include in the plan?

A) There are new, over-the-counter medications that can probably resolve your RLS.
  B) RLS can be a sign of a much more serious health problem, so I'd encourage you to visit your primary care provider.
  C) I see that your iron level is low, let's add foods high in iron to your diet.
  D) Even though it's certainly unpleasant, RLS is a normal part of the aging process.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juliaf

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Fractures and falls are a risk of nonbenzodiazepine agents. Powerlessness, incontinence, and suicide are not increased with these medications.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Risk factors for RLS include genetic predisposition, iron deficiency, chronic renal failure, peripheral neuropathy, and adverse effects of certain medications. RLS is considered a neuromuscular disorder, not an age-related change. It is more common with certain health problems, but it is not considered a sign of more serious pathology. Over-the-counter medications are not available for RLS.

asmith134

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library