Author Question: One practical/vocational nursing student tells another student, I'm computer phobic I never ... (Read 66 times)

student77

One practical/vocational nursing student tells another student, I'm computer phobic I never understand what keys I'm supposed to use to get the thing to work. The reply that shows the best understanding about NCLEX-PN examination testing is

a. No problem The question comes up on the screen, and you speak the letter of the correct answer aloud to the voice-activated computer.
  b. You answer practice questions before the examination begins to get you used to using the computer.
  c. You'll be able to ask the test proctor for help if you get mixed up.
  d. If you can't get the hang of the computer, they'll let you use paper and pencil.

Question 2

The SP/VN reviewing for the NCLEX-PN examination should study based on an understanding that the category of patient need that is most heavily tested is

a. the clinical problem-solving process.
  b. safe, effective care environment.
  c. health promotion and maintenance.
  d. physiological integrity.

polinasid

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Answering the practice questions provides orientation to the tester. Voice-activated computers are not used. Asking the test proctor for help if you get mixed up and using paper and pencil are not permitted.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The physiological integrity category of client needs includes basic care and comfort, pharmacological therapies, reduction of risk potential, and physiological adaptation. It comprises 41 to 65 of the questions. Questions from the other three categories make up the remainder of the test. The clinical problem-solving process is not a category of patient needs.