This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When the nurse walked into a client's room, the client shouted, Get out of here, you hate me, you ... (Read 87 times)

lb_gilbert

When the nurse walked into a client's room, the client shouted, Get out of here, you hate me, you hate me I know you don't like me This is an example of the defense mechanism of ___________________ _.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

A patient in a therapeutic group expresses resistance by stating, I need to drop out of this group because I don't think I'm getting enough from it.. Which outcome would be most appropriate for this patient?

a. The patient stays in the group and works out problems.
  b. The patient leaves the group and enters individual therapy.
  c. The patient stays in the group but enters long-term psychotherapy.
  d. The patient leaves the group and enters one that provides more one-on-one time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

welcom1000

Answer to Question 1

projection

Answer to Question 2

A
Patients are screened before admission to a group to assure that it is a therapeutic modality for the patient. Being able to persist in a therapeutic group and work through problems is a successful outcome. The other options identify alternatives to persisting and achieving success with the original modality.

lb_gilbert

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

bigcheese9

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library