This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is becoming increasingly debilitated. Recently, he told ... (Read 23 times)

lak

A client with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is becoming increasingly debilitated. Recently, he told
  the nurse It bothers me that I cannot get to church anymore. Since I have not been able to get to
  services, I feel out of touch with God.

I pray but I wonder if my prayers are heard.. The nurse should
  consider the nursing diagnosis of
  a. powerlessness.
  b. death anxiety.
  c. spiritual distress.
  d. disturbed thought processes.

Question 2

A client's fianc died in an auto accident several days ago. She finds herself crying and experiencing
  feelings of guilt and anger. The nurse can assess this behavior as characteristic of the stage of acute
  grief called

a. reorganization.
  b. denial.
  c. developing awareness.
  d. preoccupation with the lost object.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Madisongo23

Answer to Question 1

C
The client is verbalizing his concern about his relationship with God and his inability to participate
in religious services. Both are defining characteristics for the nursing diagnosis of spiritual distress.
Data are not present to suggest the other nursing diagnoses.

Answer to Question 2

C
As denial fades, awareness of the finality of loss develops and is accompanied by painful feelings of
loss, anger with others, and guilt for taking or not taking specific actions. Reorganization implies
movement toward healing. Denial is manifested by the inability to believe the reality of an event.
Preoccupation with the lost object would involve the client dwelling on thoughts of the deceased.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library