Author Question: A client says, I've done a lot of cheating and manipulating in my relationships.. A nonjudgmental ... (Read 20 times)

cartlidgeashley

A client says, I've done a lot of cheating and manipulating in my relationships.. A nonjudgmental
  response by the nurse would be

a. How do you feel about that?
  b. It's good that you realize this..
  c. What a rotten way to behave..
  d. Have you outgrown that immature behavior?

Question 2

The nurse receives three telephone calls regarding a newly admitted client.

The psychiatrist wishes
  to see the client for an assessment interview, the medical doctor wants to perform a physical
  examination, and the client's lawyer wishes to set up an appointment to see the client. The nurse
  schedules the three activities for the client. This exemplifies the role of the nurse known as
  a. advocate.
  b. milieu manager.
  c. care manager.
  d. provider of care.

Ashley I

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Asking a client to reflect on feelings about his or her actions does not imply any judgment about
those actions, and it encourages clients to explore feelings and values. Options B, C, and D offer
negative judgments.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Nurses on psychiatric units routinely coordinate client services as described in this scenario. Option
A: The role of advocate would require the nurse to speak out on the client's behalf. Option B: The
role of milieu manager refers to maintaining a therapeutic environment. Option D: Provider of care
refers to giving direct care to the client.