This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Erik Erikson's theory of eight stages of human development posits that, for further personality ... (Read 78 times)

chads108

Erik Erikson's theory of eight stages of human development posits that, for further personality development to occur, one must first resolve a(n)

1. physical crisis.
  2. developmental level.
  3. psychosocial crisis.
  4. interactional disturbance.

Question 2

A patient tells a nurse, The others won't give me my pain meds early, but you are more understanding, you know what it's like to be in pain, and you don't want to see your patients suffer.

Could you find a way to get me my pill now? I won't tell anyone.. Which response by the nurse would be most therapeutic? a. I'm not comfortable doing that, then ignore subsequent requests for early meds.
  b. I'll have to check with your doctor about that; I will get back to you after I do..
  c. It would be unsafe to give the medicine early; none of us will do that..
  d. I understand that you have pain, but giving medicine too soon would not be safe..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

annierak

Answer to Question 1

Erikson states that a psychosocial crisis or core task must be resolved to enable further per-sonality development.

Answer to Question 2

D
Empathetic mirroring, wherein the nurse reflects back to the patient an understanding of the patient's distress or situation in a neutral manner that does not judge it, helps elicit a more positive response to the limit that is being set. The other options would not be nontherapeutic, but they lack the empathetic mirroring component that tends to elicit a more positive response from the patient.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library