This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which client complaint should receive priority from a client who is taking tranylcypromine ... (Read 29 times)

jasdeep_brar

Which client complaint should receive priority from a client who is taking tranylcypromine (Par-nate)?

1. My legs get stiff when I sit in the chair for a while.
  2. Will you take my temperature? I feel too warm.
  3. I've had a headache ever since I drank some coffee.
  4. I haven't had a bowel movement in 2 days.

Question 2

A severely depressed client who had been successfully treated 5 years earlier using clomipramine (Anafranil) was admitted to the adult psychiatric unit where clomipramine was again ordered.

For which medication side effects should the client be monitored?
  1. Polyuria and coarse hand tremors
  2. Orthostatic hypotension and constipation
  3. Excess salivation and drooling
  4. Muscle rigidity and restlessness

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jmfn03

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Hypertensive crisis may occur if a client taking a MAOI ingests certain food containing tyramine or drugs that cause BP elevation. Headache is a warning sign of hypertensive crisis. The nurse should assess BP and inquire about other symptoms of hypertensive crisis. 1. Stiffness is not re-lated to MAOI therapy. 2. Elevated temperature is not an initial sign of hypertensive crisis. 4. Constipation is not a sign of hypertensive crisis.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Alpha1 blockade produces orthostatic hypotension, and cholinergic blockade produces constipa-tion. 1. Mild tremors and urinary retention may occur. 3. This may occur with SSRIs. 4. This may occur with antipsychotics.

jasdeep_brar

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library