This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse visits the home of an 11-year-old child and finds the child caring for three younger ... (Read 47 times)

Mr.Thesaxman

A nurse visits the home of an 11-year-old child and finds the child caring for three younger siblings. Both parents are at work. The child says, I want to go to school but we can't afford a babysitter. It doesn't matter though; I'm too dumb to learn.

What preliminary assessment is evident?

a. Insufficient data are present to make an assessment.
  b. Child and siblings are experiencing neglect.
  c. Children are at high risk for sexual abuse.
  d. Children are experiencing physical abuse.

Question 2

After completing the contracted number of visits to the crisis clinic, an adult says, I've emerged from this as a stronger person. You supported me while I worked through my feelings of loss and helped me find community resources.

I'm benefiting from a support group. The nurse can evaluate the patient's feelings about the care received as:

a. not at all satisfied
  b. somewhat satisfied
  c. moderately satisfied
  d. very satisfied

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The child is experiencing neglect when the parents take away the opportunity to attend school. The other children may also be experiencing physical neglect, but more data should be gathered before making the actual assessment. The information presented does not indicate a high risk for sexual abuse, and no concrete evidence of physical abuse is present.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The patient mentions a number of indicators that suggest a high degree of satisfaction with the Nursing Outcomes Classification of patient satisfaction: psychologic care. No indicators express low-to-moderate satisfaction.

Mr.Thesaxman

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library