This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which nursing intervention will initially be most helpful for trust building with a suspicious ... (Read 29 times)

newyorker26

Which nursing intervention will initially be most helpful for trust building with a suspicious patient?

a. Enforcing rules
  b. Keeping appointments and promises
  c. Agreeing not to document the patient's disclosures
  d. Openly challenging unclear statements by the patient

Question 2

Which statement by an adult would lead a nurse to suspect deficits in mastery of the developmental task of infancy?

a. I have many warm and close friendships.
  b. I am afraid to let anyone really get to know me.
  c. I am always right. Keep your opinion to yourself.
  d. I am ashamed I did that wrong. Please forgive me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TheNamesImani

Answer to Question 1

B
Consistency and honesty regarding intentions are behaviors that promote patient trust. Enforcing rules is important but not necessarily related to trust building. The other options are nontherapeutic.

Answer to Question 2

B
According to Erikson, the developmental task of infancy is the development of trust. The the only statement clearly showing the lack of ability to trust others mentions being afraid to let anyone really get to know me.. The distracters suggest that the developmental task of infancy was successfully completed: rigidity rather than mistrust, and failure to resolve the crisis of initiative versus guilt.

newyorker26

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library