This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is reviewing the results of the patient's laboratory findings and notes an elevated ... (Read 34 times)

jrubin

The nurse is reviewing the results of the patient's laboratory findings and notes an elevated C-reactive protein (CRP). What does this indicate?

a. The patient had a myocardial infarction.
  b. The patient has inflammation in the body.
  c. The patient has reduced cardiac output.
  d. The patient's diet is high in cholesterol.

Question 2

The nurse teaching 8th grade girls addresses common myths about sexuality and body functions. Which statement by a student is an indication that teaching was effective?

a. After the first time I have sex, I need to begin some form of birth control to avoid pregnancy.
  b. Condoms are the most effective birth control and it is the only way I can be sure I won't get pregnant.
  c. I only have to worry about being infected with a sexually transmitted infection if I see a sore or have pain.
  d. Enjoyable sexual relationships or reaching orgasm simultaneously does not indicate the quality of the relationship.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heyhey123

Answer to Question 1

B
An elevated CRP indicates the presence of inflammation in the body. This may, but does not necessarily, include arterial inflammation or a myocardial infarction. Many conditions can cause an elevated CRP, so a CRP is not specific to a myocardial infarction, as is a troponin or CPK-MB level. CRP is not related to measuring cardiac output. CRP elevations are not an indication of elevated cholesterol levels or a diet high in cholesterol.

Answer to Question 2

D
The goals of this teaching would be to dispel myths about sex and sexuality. The statement is accurate that simultaneous orgasm and good sexual relations do not predict the quality of a relationship. This dispels a myth to the contrary and reflects learning. The statement that a person cannot get pregnant the first time she has sex is a myth and would indicate the need for further teaching. Although condoms may be most effective when used correctly, they do not always prevent pregnancy; therefore, that statement indicates the need for further teaching. Sexually transmitted infections may not produce noticeable symptoms, especially in women, so this statement indicates the need for further teaching.

jrubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

DylanD1323

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library