This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing patient education to a high school girls' athletic class. Which statement by ... (Read 31 times)

silviawilliams41

The nurse is providing patient education to a high school girls' athletic class. Which statement by a member of the class best demonstrates understanding of anabolic steroid use in females? Steroid use may lead to

a. menstrual irregularities.
  b. enlarged breasts.
  c. uterine enlargement.
  d. a change in hair texture.

Question 2

The nurse is providing education to a patient who is beginning therapy with testosterone gel. What statement made by the patient demonstrates a need for further teaching?

a. I should not shower or swim for at least 5 to 6 hours after application.
  b. I should avoid direct skin-to-skin contact with my spouse where the medication was applied.
  c. I should have my blood drawn for laboratory tests in 14 days.
  d. I should apply the entire contents of the packet to my genitals.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecabral0

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Anabolic steroid use in females may lead to menstrual irregularities.
Steroid use in females also causes a decrease in breast size, clitoral enlargement, and hair loss.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The medication should be applied to the arms and upper torso, not to the genitalia; this statement indicates a need for further teaching.
The patient should be instructed not to shower, bathe, or swim for 5 to 6 hours after administration of the medication; no further teaching is necessary.
The patient should be instructed to keep areas covered where the medication was applied to avoid direct skin-to-skin contact with others; no further teaching is necessary.
The patient should be advised to return to the clinic within 2 weeks for blood tests; no further teaching is necessary.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library