This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The radiation curve is a plot of light intensity versus frequency for an incandescent source. If ... (Read 17 times)

joe

The radiation curve is a plot of light intensity versus frequency for an incandescent source. If this light is first passed through a cool gas, the resulting radiation curve would most probable look like

1) I.
  2) II.
  3) III.

This best illustrates that the atoms of gas have
  4) been excited.
  5) absorbed part of the light.
  6) simplified selective frequencies of the transmitted light.

Question 2

The radiation curve is a plot of light intensity versus frequency for an incandescent source such as a glowing lamp filament. If the source of light were excited atoms in the gaseous phase, the radiation curve would look like

1) I.
  2) II.
  3) III.
  4) IV.

The plot shown in IV is of
  5) monochromatic light.
  6) a very bright source.
  7) light that has passed through a thin slit.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Animal_Goddess

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 2, 5

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1, 5

joe

Reply 2 on: Jul 29, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library