This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An RC circuit is connected across an ideal DC voltage source through an open switch. The switch is ... (Read 48 times)

sammy

An RC circuit is connected across an ideal DC voltage source through an open switch. The switch is closed at time t = 0 s. Which of the following statements regarding the circuit are correct? (There may be more than one correct choice.)

A) The capacitor charges to its maximum value in one time constant and the current is zero at that time.
  B) The potential difference across the resistor and the potential difference across the capacitor are always equal.
  C) The potential difference across the resistor is always greater than the potential difference across the capacitor.
  D) The potential difference across the capacitor is always greater than the potential difference across the resistor
  E) Once the capacitor is essentially fully charged, there is no appreciable current in the circuit.

Question 2

A resistor is made out of a long wire having a length L. Each end of the wire is attached to a terminal of a battery providing a constant voltage V0.

A current I flows through the wire. If the wire were cut in half, making two wires of length L/2, and both wires were attached to the battery (the end of both wires attached to one terminal, and the other ends attached to the other terminal), what would be the total current flowing through the two wires?
  A) 4I
  B) 2I
  C) I
  D) I/2
  E) I/4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aloop

Answer to Question 1

Answer: E

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

sammy

Reply 2 on: Jul 29, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

nothere

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library