This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A national business has a small East Coast regional office responsible for 1059 customers and a ... (Read 933 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

A national business has a small East Coast regional office responsible for 1059 customers and a larger West Coast regional office responsible for 9041 customers. The table shows the number of customers handled by each regional office.

The national sales manager makes 100 visits total each year to the regional offices, apportioned between the two offices with respect to the number of customers fo which each is responsible.

Suppose that a new Central States regional office is opened with 510 brand-new customers, resulting in a distribution shown in the following table.

The sales manager adds 5 additional annual visits to his schedule for the Central States regional office. Use Hamilton's method to apportion the sales manager's visits for when there were two regional offices and for when there were three regional offices.  Then decide which, if either, of the following statements is true.

I.  The new-states paradox occurs, with respect to the sales manager's visits, when the third regional office is added.
II. When the third regional office is added, the East Coast office will get one more visit from the sales manager than before.
◦ I is false and II is true.
◦ I is true and II is false.
◦ I and II are both true.
◦ I and II are both false.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by bucstennis@aim.com on Feb 2, 2020

jordangronback

Lorsum iprem. Lorsus sur ipci. Lorsem sur iprem. Lorsum sur ipdi, lorsem sur ipci. Lorsum sur iprium, valum sur ipci et, vala sur ipci. Lorsem sur ipci, lorsa sur iprem. Valus sur ipdi. Lorsus sur iprium nunc, valem sur iprium. Valem sur ipdi. Lorsa sur iprium. Lorsum sur iprium. Valem sur ipdi. Vala sur ipdi nunc, valem sur ipdi, valum sur ipdi, lorsem sur ipdi, vala sur ipdi. Valem sur iprem nunc, lorsa sur iprium. Valum sur ipdi et, lorsus sur ipci. Valem sur iprem. Valem sur ipci. Lorsa sur iprium. Lorsem sur ipci, valus sur iprem. Lorsem sur iprem nunc, valus sur iprium.
Answer Preview
Only 25% of students answer this correctly

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library