Author Question: The Treaty of Carlowitz required the Ottoman Empire to ________. A. lose Constantinople and thus ... (Read 30 times)

Mollykgkg

Question 1

The best adjective to describe the Ottoman Empire is ________.

A. diverse
   B. unstable
   C. powerless
   D. intolerant
   E. homogeneous

Question 2

How did Peter the Great gain control of the religious issues in Russia?

A. He abolished the head of the church and set up the Holy Synod headed by a layman.
   B. He abolished the Holy Synod and set up a patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church.
   C. He asked the religious leaders to take over the governing of the church within Russia.
   D. He encouraged independence of the Russian Orthodox Church.
   E. He set up a procurator general to carry out the wishes of the religious leaders of Russia.

Question 3

How did Frederick William I differ from Frederick the Great in use of military power?

A. Frederick William I was interested in a strong military while Frederick the Great disliked military strength.
   B. Frederick the Great was interested in a strong military while Frederick William I disliked military strength.
   C. Frederick William I avoided putting his powerful army into places of conflict while Frederick the Great advanced destructive invasions.
   D. Frederick William I was reckless with his military strength while Frederick the Great rarely went to war.
   E. Frederick the Great was known for his diplomacy outside of warfare while Frederick William I was known for his aggressive military policies.

Question 4

What problem did the Pragmatic Sanction attempt to address?

A. the problem of a weak military power
   B. the problem of religious intolerance within Germany
   C. the problem of the lack of an Austrian Habsburg male heir
   D. the problem of religious restrictions on Protestants
   E. the problems of European technological advancements

Question 5

The Treaty of Carlowitz required the Ottoman Empire to ________.

A. lose Constantinople and thus its access to the Black Sea
   B. surrender the heart of its empire in Europe
   C. relinquish its control of the Sinai Peninsula
   D. forfeit all coastline to the Persian Gulf
   E. adopt Christianity as the official state religion

6ana001

Answer 1

Answer: A

Answer 2

Answer: A

Answer 3

Answer: C