This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Macroeconomics (Read 168 times)

brandy.spencer

on: Dec 4, 2019
Think about your spending habits prior to college, during college, and what you expect after graduation.  How might your own financial decisions relate to the life-cycle theory of consumption?  Also consider how interest rates may affect your consumption choices.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Celeste

Reply #1 on: Dec 4, 2019
  • Undo Best Answer
  • According to the life-cycle theory of consumption, consumption decisions are based on permanent income only. As a college student, I consume more than I did when I was a high school student because my permanent income now is higher than it was in high school. Assuming I find a job upon graduation, my consumption will in turn increase, while at the same time begin to accumulate my earnings (begin to save) and stop saving once I retire. Depending on the interest-rates, it may change my outlook when purchasing a house or when obtaining a loan for a business venture. If the interest is too high, regardless of the principal I put in, the monthly fees may be too much to curb the costs of running a business or building my home.

elyse44

Reply 2 on: Dec 4, 2019
    Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
    Gracias!

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library