This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Macroeconomics (Read 166 times)

brandy.spencer

on: Dec 4, 2019
Think about your spending habits prior to college, during college, and what you expect after graduation.  How might your own financial decisions relate to the life-cycle theory of consumption?  Also consider how interest rates may affect your consumption choices.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Celeste

Reply #1 on: Dec 4, 2019
  • Undo Best Answer
  • According to the life-cycle theory of consumption, consumption decisions are based on permanent income only. As a college student, I consume more than I did when I was a high school student because my permanent income now is higher than it was in high school. Assuming I find a job upon graduation, my consumption will in turn increase, while at the same time begin to accumulate my earnings (begin to save) and stop saving once I retire. Depending on the interest-rates, it may change my outlook when purchasing a house or when obtaining a loan for a business venture. If the interest is too high, regardless of the principal I put in, the monthly fees may be too much to curb the costs of running a business or building my home.

apple

Reply 2 on: Dec 4, 2019
    Wow, this really help

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
    :D TYSM

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library