This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The Papanicolaou smear is performed primarily to detect what disorder? a. Cervical cancer c. ... (Read 51 times)

madam-professor

The Papanicolaou smear is performed primarily to detect what disorder?

a. Cervical cancer c. Uterine cancer
  b. Vaginal infections d. Ovarian cancer

Question 2

The nurse providing care for a woman with preterm labor on terbutaline would include which intervention to identify side effects of the drug?

a. Assessing deep tendon reflexes (DTRs)
  b. Assessing for dyspnea and crackles
  c. Assessing for bradycardia
  d. Assessing for hypoglycemia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

A
The PAP smear is the primary screening tool for cervical cancer. A PAP smear does not diagnose vaginal, uterine, or ovarian cancer.

Answer to Question 2

B

Feedback
A Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. Assessing DTRs would not address these con-cerns.
B Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. Signs of cardiopulmonary decompensation would include adventitious breath sounds and dyspnea.
C Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. 2-Adrenergic agonist drugs cause tachycardia, not bradycardia.
D Terbutaline is a 2-adrenergic agonist that affects the cardiopulmonary and me-tabolic systems of the mother. The metabolic effect leads to hyperglycemia, not hypoglycemia.

madam-professor

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library