This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following sentences contains a dangling modifier? a. After building a fence around ... (Read 101 times)

Mr. Wonderful

Which of the following sentences contains a dangling modifier?

a. After building a fence around my yard, my dog was still able to get out.
  b. Forgetting to lock her back door, Vanessa later found thieves had stolen her laptop.
  c. Reading a story to the class of first graders, the teacher held their complete attention.
  d. Visiting my home town, I was surprised at how little had changed.

Question 2

What is a research question and how is it used?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

durant1234

Answer to Question 1

a. After building a fence around my yard, my dog was still able to get out.

Answer to Question 2

A research question is a question stating what the researcher wants to learn; it narrows the
focus of the search.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

lindahyatt42

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library