This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is observing the Baker family. Christine Baker is holding the baby she delivered less than ... (Read 48 times)

newbem

A nurse is observing the Baker family. Christine Baker is holding the baby she delivered less than 24 hours ago. Her husband is watching Christine and asking questions about newborn care.

Jimmy, the 4-year-old big brother, is punching his mother on the back. The nurse should: a. report the incident to the social services department.
  b. advise the Bakers that Jimmy needs to be reprimanded.
  c. report to oncoming staff that Mrs. Baker is probably not a good disciplinarian.
  d. realize that this is a normal family adjusting to family change.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an immunosuppressed 3-year-old girl. The nurse is providing teaching to the mother about proper oral hygiene. Which of the following responses from the mother indicates a need for further teaching?

A) I really need to carefully check for skin breakdown.
  B) I must really scrub her teeth and gums well.
  C) I must use a soft toothbrush.
  D) I can use a soft gauze sponge to care for her gums.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

at

Answer to Question 1

D
The observed behaviors are normal variations of families adjusting to change.

Answer to Question 2

B

newbem

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library