This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is observing the Baker family. Christine Baker is holding the baby she delivered less than ... (Read 51 times)

newbem

A nurse is observing the Baker family. Christine Baker is holding the baby she delivered less than 24 hours ago. Her husband is watching Christine and asking questions about newborn care.

Jimmy, the 4-year-old big brother, is punching his mother on the back. The nurse should: a. report the incident to the social services department.
  b. advise the Bakers that Jimmy needs to be reprimanded.
  c. report to oncoming staff that Mrs. Baker is probably not a good disciplinarian.
  d. realize that this is a normal family adjusting to family change.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an immunosuppressed 3-year-old girl. The nurse is providing teaching to the mother about proper oral hygiene. Which of the following responses from the mother indicates a need for further teaching?

A) I really need to carefully check for skin breakdown.
  B) I must really scrub her teeth and gums well.
  C) I must use a soft toothbrush.
  D) I can use a soft gauze sponge to care for her gums.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

at

Answer to Question 1

D
The observed behaviors are normal variations of families adjusting to change.

Answer to Question 2

B

newbem

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library