Author Question: What are good questions to ask the employer when doing a job interview? (Read 1152 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

My field is computer science or information technology

tth

How early can I leave work? How much vacation do I get? What's the most you will pay me? What are my benefits?
--Just kidding. Don't ask these questions at the job interview!

You should go to their website and learn about the company. Then ask them questions (perhaps three will do it) about certain aspects of their company. It's really a way for you to show them that you are very interested in their company and that you have done your homework.

You could also ask them about the typical career path in their company, if this is appropriate based on what you have learned about their company.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

Research the history of the company and find a question you can ask about it.  They love that.

ricki

Also be sure to ask about the possibility for advancement and growth in your field.  They like to hear things that make them believe you will stay there forever.

Millan

I would ask if you required to do (on call) work, If this is a salaried or an hourly pay position,what if any further training they will pay for,what your insurance will cost,do they have matching 401k? Find out exactly what your hours will be.These questions will let them know that you are interesred in them and may plan on staying for a while.

mydiamond

Asking about stock options is always a show of confidence in a company.  Cover stock prices how it has increased or decreased and why it has done that. By showing your interest in the stock of the company you are showing that you have done research into the company and you are still there to get interviewed.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library