This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, ... (Read 341 times)

bobbie

A patient tells a student nurse, I unwind by going to a quiet place, sitting in a comfortable chair, closing my eyes, and concentrating on my breathing. The patient is describing use of

a. imagery.
  b. meditation.
  c. relaxation.
  d. recreation.

Question 2

The key to modifying co-dependent behavior is

a. recognition.
  b. recreation.
  c. intensive therapy.
  d. establishing vulnerability.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Meditation uses the techniques described. Imagery requires the patient to focus on a pleasant scene. The scenario does not describe relaxation or recreation, although the end result of meditation should be relaxation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
In order to change or modify co-dependent behavior, the individual must recognize that the behavior is co-dependent and must come to understand its effects on patients and peers. Recreation is not the key to modifying co-dependent behavior. Intensive therapy may not be required to modify co-dependent behavior. Establishing vulnerability has nothing to do with modifying co-dependent behavior.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library