This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 64-year-old man was diagnosed 19 months ago with bilateral osteoarthritis (OA) in his knees, and ... (Read 38 times)

imowrer

A 64-year-old man was diagnosed 19 months ago with bilateral osteoarthritis (OA) in his knees, and has come to his family physician for a checkup.

The client and his physician are discussing the effects of his health problem and the measures that the man has taken to accommodate and treat his OA in his daily routines. Which of the following statements by the client would necessitate further teaching?
  A)
  I'm really trying to lose weight, and I've been able to lose 15 lb this year so far.
  B)
  I've been doing muscle-strengthening exercises twice a week at the community center near my house.
  C)
  Even though I don't like it, I've been using my walker to take some of the weight off my knees.
  D)
  I've been avoiding painkillers because I know they can mask damage that I might be inflicting on my knees.

Question 2

A man's primary care physician has characterized his skin lesion as being a temporary eruption but has cautioned him against repeated rubbing or scratching as to avoid lichenization. What is the most likely categorization of the man's skin lesion?

A)
  A blister
  B)
  A corn
  C)
  A callus
  D)
  A rash

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jane

Answer to Question 1

Ans:
D

Analgesics are a common and appropriate treatment for OA, and it would be unnecessary and inappropriate to forego pain control in order to maximize pain signals from affected joints. Weight loss, the use of assistive devices, and muscle-strengthening exercises are appropriate treatments for OA.

Answer to Question 2

Ans:
D

A rash is a temporary eruption of the skin that can result in excoriation or lichenization if rubbed or scratched excessively. Corns, calluses, and blisters are not noted to share these characteristics.

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library