This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse. ... (Read 116 times)

piesebel

Discount Department Stores is a national retail chain. The company had one large, central warehouse.

At the suggestion of the risk manager, the company decided to build four smaller regional warehouses so that a loss at the central warehouse would not be a catastrophic blow to the company's distribution system. Splitting the inventory between four regional warehouses illustrates which risk management technique?
  A) duplication
  B) risk transfer
  C) separation
  D) risk avoidance

Question 2

Which of the following statements concerning the selection of risk management techniques and insurance market conditions is (are) true?

I. It's easier to purchase affordable insurance during a soft  market than during a hard market.
  II. Retention is used more during a soft market than during a hard market.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dinolord

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

piesebel

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library