Author Question: How many valence electrons does silver have? (Read 710 times)

Mimi

I know that the number of valence electrons can be determined by the column of the periodic table, but the periodic table I have is slightly confusing. :) Thankyou!

asan beg

I believe Silver is a transition metal, so its group number and valence electron is different. But sorry, don't know it's valence electron still. :c

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

RYAN BANYAN

cant u tell us how many protons? that relaly tells us sumthing... silver has one valence electron tho...

Caiter2013

There's a trick that you can use for some of the elements of the periodic table.

If you look at the left side column, the elements in that column have a valence of +1, and if you move right to the next column, it's +2...

Similarly, if you start on the left most column, you have noble gasses with valence of 0, if you move left from there in columns it's -1, -2...

Silver is a transition metal, and the trick doesn't work for it, but it's a +1 charge.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library